Monday, March 17, 2014

They Called Me on a Mission!

November 5th, 2013: 

Papers were submitted 







November 13th: 

My call came in 













November 14th: 

I opened it in front of family and friends












November 17th:

I was able to meet up with more future missionaries at Temple Square and I even met a few who were going to my same mission! 



















My decision to serve a mission: 

I don't think I can remember a time where I didn't want to serve a mission. From a young age I was singing songs like "I hope they call me on a mission," and "Called to Serve." I remember how badly I wanted to wear a name tag and serve the Lord for 18 months. 

When I was 9 years old I helped drop my cousin off at the MTC. In those days families were able to go into the MTC and watch a short video about missionary work.  I felt the missionary spirt so strongly inside the MTC. I turned to my mother afterwards and said "I know I'm supposed to serve a mission." 

10 years later, and it's my turn to go out into the world and preach the gospel. I have never doubted that this was what I was meant to do and I'm glad I can live out my dream and, in the process, help others to find theirs. 

No comments :

Post a Comment