Thursday, April 17, 2014

Missionary Training Center - Week 1!!

안녕하세요! 
(anyeonghasseo) 

I don't know what's going down with my computer.....

Anyway! Hello everyone! Today is Thursday which is my P-Day here at the MTC. I am normally going to check emails around 1:30-3:00. I only get an hour though! There's so much to say! 

This week has been the longest week of my entire life which all started on Wednesday which was the longest day of my entire life. I checked in went to station after station where I got my badge, my room key, my id-card and all my other information. I had to lug all three of my heavy bags to the 4th floor of my residence hall and I had NO time to unpack before I went straight to class. It's been 8 days and I have never heard my teacher speak anything other than Korean. Luckily, I've gotten pretty good at charades so that I can guess what he's saying :) 
The first three days there were meetings after meetings after meetings. I barely had any downtime. Through all of this my companion and I had to teach 5 lessons in straight up Korean to an investigator. I have never felt more out of my comfort zone! The first lesson we taught I literally only knew how to say "Hello" "Thank You" and "God loves us." I hope she got something out of our lessons. We have really been improving though. I am now "kind of" able to teach the Restoration, The Prayer and the Holy Ghost lesson. 

I love my district! It's different than any other Korean district there has ever been, apparently. We have 5 Sisters and 1 lonely Elder. The poor guy. The Elder, Elder Matthews, is from Australia and so is another Sister. Then, my companion is Canadian. What a diverse group. We have all gotten really close and according to our branch president we are the fastest learning Korean district they have ever seen. Even our Senior missionaries agree that they never knew as much Korean as we did in their first week. 

My companion is Sister Parcells and I love her so much! We get along really well and we both even each other out. I have pictures that I'll send in a bit, when I get my camera from my room. 

My days are starting to get more regular now. I get up at 6:30, eat breakfast for 30min, then class for 3.5 hours, then lunch, then gym, then class for 4 hours, then dinner, then class for another 3.5 hours. All in all, I have about 11 hours of classtime in one day. And it's in the same classroom too. Needless to say, my brain is full to the brim by the time I hit my pillow at night. As the days go by it gets a lot easier though. 

My branch is full of a whopping 25 of the Korean speaking missionaries. Most of them are leaving in about 2 weeks so it's just going to be a measly 6 soon. Because of such small numbers I was assigned as a Sister Training Leader. They have never called someone to that position only 4 days old! I'm so honored to be able to serve in this position and it's already been such a blessing to me. 

The BYU Men's Chorus came and sang to us on Sunday and they sang O Magnum Mysterium and Baba Yetu!!!! WHICH ARE MY FAVORITES!! It was awesome and I was definitely fan-girling. I was also honored to hear from the apostle Elder Neil L. Anderson on Tuesday night and there has even been talk of Elder Holland coming this Easter Sunday! I'm so psyched! 

I love it here at the MTC. I have learned so much and I can't wait to learn even more. Next week I'll figure out how to work out my computer and I can start emailing people individually maybe :) Busy days! Busy weeks! Lovely Companion! Lovely District! Lovely Zone! 

화이팅 (fighting) 

- Holdaway 자매







No comments :

Post a Comment