Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Things I Do to Share the Gospel . . .

안녕하세요~~

This week was busy, full of miracles and hot, hot, HOT.

It's raining today so it cools things off a bit, but it's been in the 90's here all week.

This was also Missionary Leadership Council and Zone Training. This is the 7th MLC and Zone Training I've done . . . and I still don't think I've gotten any better at training . . . But that's life. I'm considered an "old" missionary now and I feel like I'm still being trained myself! I'm always learning and always growing but that doesn't mean I haven't come a long ways.

After Zone Training - we came home, did a practice lesson with a member and then prepared for ANOTHER baptism this coming Sunday (the Elders are on fire!).

After we were done we went home and started planning but we realized we lost our phone. We ran back to the church but couldn't find it anywhere! We said a prayer, asking God to help us be safe and find the phone quickly. We asked the Elders where our phone was and they said to look back at the church. We went back to the church and found that it was somewhere we thought we had already looked. BLESSINGS. We breathed a sigh of relief and rushed back home because we knew it was pretty late by that point.

On the way home, however, we were stopped by a lady in our neighborhood who we had said 'hi' to lots of times. She was so happy to see us and wanted to show us "real quick" where her home was so we could come by and visit her. We let her show us to her home but we said that we didn't have a lot of time.

Long story short ~ We ended up eating fruit and kimchi with her, she introduced us to her son and we were able to share a little bit about who we are and what we do. She sent us home with some kimchi and told us to come by a lot because she is our "mom in Korea."

Thank goodness we lost our phone! God works in mysterious ways.

I like to call this technique "Oops-we-lost-our-phone-but-we-found-a-miracle-proselyting"

The other day we were walking and we saw a puppy on the side of the street. I wouldn't say we were "prompted" to go and pet the puppy . . . we just really like puppies. So, we stop and pet the puppy and a man comes up to us, gives us his number, and wants us to teach his family on the weekends.

I like to call this technique "Puppy Proselyting"

On Friday, I was making calls to some potential investigators to see if any of them would be interested in meeting with us. We called one family who had stopped coming to English class but who I knew had a lot of potential. As I was talking with them I remembered that they said their uncle cuts

hair so I asked them about that and they said "Why, do you want a haircut?" and I blurted out "yes!"
"How about tonight?"
"Sure! That sounds great!"
"Ok, we'll meet you in half an hour."
So a long story CUT short....(get it?)


​I cut my hair ^^

While I was cutting my hair Sister Jacobson (I was on exchanges at the time) was able to talk about our church and bear her testimony to this cute family!

So now I have short hair - but it's actually perfect for the hot, hot summer!

I like to call this technique "Sacrificing for a greater cause"

On Sunday we had another baptism! And we're having a baptism next week too!
Here's the picture from the baptism a few weeks ago:


Also - this is the Seongnam ward family and I love all of them! <3

I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love this gospel and I love this work!

LOVE,
Sister Holdaway

P.S.
There's a mosquito which lives in our room that we haven't been able to kill so I wake up with 2 new bug bites a night.

And we found this guy the other night:




​We ended up just staring at it for about half an hour wondering what we were going to do about it. Some prayers were involved. We eventually just took a broom and swept it out of our apartment. SO we're all good now.

No comments :

Post a Comment