Monday, August 4, 2014

Here Comes the Rain Again!

아녕하새요!!! 

This week has been wonderful! Like always :) 

This last Monday some missionaries got together to do 'Sticker Pictures' which is like a regular photo booth but 100x more amazing. We can edit the pictures and add words to it and then they print out on sticker sheets so it's basically the coolest thing. 

It's been raining a lot this week too. Well....I think it's a lot but apparently it's not even close to how bad it normally gets. It makes for some pretty wet days: 



This was right before we had an appointment at the Bishop's house! Oh no! 

We dried ourselves off and made our way to the Bishop's house on Thursday night. It was so wonderful to sit down and get to know the Bishop and ask if there's anything we can do to help. In PMG is says something along the lines of the way to get closer to the ward starts with the bishop.

The heat is really...something. I sleep with a fan on my face, on high. The rain actually is a welcome relief sometimes. So, I've been eating a lot of BingSu 빙수. It's basically ice and fruit and juice and it's the best thing ever. 



We've also seen many miracles. I just came from a meeting with a lady who doesn't believe in God. She has known the missionaries for a while but she was telling us that she still had so much doubt that she can't seem to shake. She kept asking "How do you know? How do you know there's a God? Don't you have disappointments? Hasn't your life ever disappointed you?" And I replied, "In life, there are always going to be disappointments. But God has never disappointed me. I know there is a God because even through disappointments I find joy and happiness." 

She kept trying to give reasons why logic and reason can overcome faith and why it's hard for her to believe. Yet, every time me or Sister Berry bore our testimonies she couldn't say anything. She was stumped. 

I know that a simple testimony is the most powerful thing. I think because I don't know much Korean a simple testimony is all I can muster but through it people can feel my passion for the message I'm sharing. 

We had zone training this week and that's where a few Elders got to give their "last talk" before their missions came to an end. One elder said: "The most important thing is to share your testimony as much as you can." 

No one can question or debate what we know from the bottom of our hearts.  

Ah, I love being a missionary! The time is too short. I'm loving it in Korea :)

I love all of you! I hope everyone's doing well! 
사랑해요! (Sarangheyo) 


- Sister Holdaway

No comments :

Post a Comment