Monday, June 30, 2014

A Day at the Park

안여하세요!

I can't believe it's already P-day again! The weeks are going by SO fast and they say that the "greenie" stage is the slowest! Almost halfway done with this transfer! Transfers are 6 weeks.

Here's an outline of my usual day: I wake up at 6:30 a.m. and go workout outside when it's not TOO hot yet. At 7, we have showers and we can only take 10 minutes. My record is 6!

We get ready, eat breakfast (rice and egg?) and then at 8 we start our studying which, for me, is 4 hours of: personal, companion, and language study. Then, we eat lunch (more rice?) and go out for the day to talk to people, go to lessons, meetings, English classes etc. We usually come home for dinner (rice?) and then leave again for more service. We come back at 9 p.m., plan for the next day, and finally sleep at 10:30 p.m.
So you'll understand when I say I still haven't gotten over my jetlag :)
We have had some tricky situations this week but we have also had some wonderful miracles. The good things will always always outweigh the bad things if you know what to look for.

One miracle is that we have this investigator who has been taking the lessons for almost a year now and was still unsure if she wanted to get baptized because she didn't feel like she knew everything yet. She even goes to church each Sunday. We kept telling her that she was ready and that she can learn even more after she's baptized but she was still unsure. On Thursday, we met with her again and we reviewed the baptismal interview questions and we asked about baptism again and she nodded! So we have an interview date and everything and we are so happy for her.

(Sidenote: She wanted to feed us something so she asked her daughter - a member, our ward's young women president -  to make us something. So she ordered us our own pizza and prepared us fried chicken and watermelon -- she said she wouldn't continue with the lesson till we ate it all...I don't think I've ever eaten so much in my life! The sacrifices I make for lessons ;))

I also got to go on exchanges with a Sister Training Leader this week! It's a 24 hour exchange and I get to go see somewhere new and sleep at her apartment. It was really fun! We had a lesson but it was all in English which was nice fore me :)

She took me to Olympic Park (and there were bunnies!):





Anyway, I love you and miss you all! I will work on taking more pictures!

사랑헤요!

- 홀다웨이 자매



P.S. Everyone makes these awesome Book of Mormon covers and I was pretty proud of mine:





No comments :

Post a Comment