Friday, June 6, 2014

MTC Final Week!

Alrighty folks, this is it. The next time you hear from me, I'll be in the beautiful land of Korea! This week I have been counting down my lasts like: last Monday, last Tuesday, last Wednesday, last Pday, last Temple trip etc. But I'm excited to have all my firsts on Tuesday when I fly into Korea! 

This week I have just been hanging on to every single second because time is just slipping through my fingers. On Sunday I was released as a Sister Training Leader. I was so sad! I loved serving the sisters in this branch and I can already tell I'm going to miss them all so much. We have all become so close and it's sad to know I may never see some of them again because they're all in different missions. 

Sunday night devotional was wonderful. Mostly due to the fact that we all sang a special arrangement of Called to Serve. You all should add "Hearing the MTC missionaries sing Called to Serve" on your bucket list because I've honestly never heard anything more powerful. We asked to sing with all our heart and strength and it was so magical! I love the MTC! 

On Tuesday we committed our investigator to baptism, which is great because it was our very last lesson with her. This was the 5th time we asked her and she finally made the commitment. Even though she isn't a real investigator I was so happy for her and I am still happy just thinking about it. I can't wait to teach real people! 

Yesterday was my companion's birthday!!! I now know the "Happy Birthday" song in Korean by heart :) "생일 죽아합니다!" She received so many great surprises from her friends and family and it was wonderful to be able to show her how much we love her!! Birthdays in the MTC are the bomb-dot-com. 

Today was my very last P-day here at the MTC. My companion and I mostly spent the day packing. We were able to get our entire branch to attend the temple together for our last time all together. Another sister was sent some Korean names for the sisters to use and it was so special for all of us to be able to do that together. 

I'm going to miss everything I've learned here at the MTC. I've grown so much. I'm going to miss my teachers and my fellow missionaries. A lot of people ask me if I feel ready to go to Korea but I always say, "Is there any such thing as ready?" I don't know if I'm ready but I do know that the Lord qualifies and prepares those that He calls. Everything will turn out alright :) Besides, this isn't about me at all. It's about the Korean people. 

I love this work! 

- Holdaway 자매

P.S. Sorry there aren't any pictures! I forgot to bring my card-reader :( I'll post them on my blog in the next few days, I promise! I know pictures are a lot more fun than words anyway. 

Editors Note:

We now have photos!!! See the photo page of the blog for some great ones.  In the meantime, here's a video of Sister Holdaway's district singing happy birthday to Sister Purcells -- note that the candles made so much smoke that they almost set off the smoke detectors.





No comments :

Post a Comment