Thursday, May 29, 2014

Week 7: The Light at the End of the Tunnel

This week it finally hit me how close I am to leaving the wonderful MTC! We received our official Korean name-tags yesterday and they are awesome! 



"Hol da weh ee cha meh" 

I'm also feeling like I'm really picking up the language with special thanks going to the wonderful teachers here! Brother Memmott and Sister Baek are really the best teachers in the entire world. I think I'm going to miss having one-on-one attention on the language when I get out into the field. 

As I'm learning more Korean, my english has definitely gone down the drain so I really apologize for any terrible grammar mistakes in my emails! 

This week we said "안녕하세요!" to a few more native Koreans who are going to fly out with us on our way to Korea! 

Oh! I almost forgot to mention that we had ELDER NELSON come visit us on Tuesday night! We are definitely being spoiled! We have the opportunity to see 1-3 more apostles before we leave and I'm holding out for President Eyring :) 

So far we are teaching two investigators (which are really our teachers role-playing for us) and it's been such a learning experience. One investigator, Brother Kwak (곽), has been accepting everything we've been teaching him. We have a baptism date and everything set and we are working on all the commandments. He has definitely been a 'golden' investigator so we're waiting to see if there are any issues we'll run into as we get closer to leaving. But so far, so good! 

Our other investigator, Sister Chon (전), has been a littler more difficult. Teaching her has been such a humbling experience. We have invited her to be baptized about 4 times and she has declined every one of them. After one unfortunate lesson, she even almost dropped us. However, as my companion and I are learning to become more united and as we teach more by the spirit we are slowly but surely helping her build her own testimony. We finally had a break through lesson where we pulled out 3 Nephi 11 where Christ invites everyone to come unto Him. We told Sister Chon that, Christ is asking her to come unto Him and that through earnestly studying the scriptures and sincere prayer, she, like the nephites, can truly follow the Savior. It was so good and so inspired! 

I am so grateful to be a missionary. There is absolutely nothing I would rather be doing. If I can feel so much love for a fake investigator I can only imagine how I will feel with the real ones in Korea! Even though I love the MTC, I'm counting down the days until I place my first Book of Mormon in the Korean airport! 

I love you all! Thanks for all your love and support! 

- 헐다웨이 자매

Sister Holdaway 

No comments :

Post a Comment