Thursday, May 15, 2014

MTC Week 5: An Apple a Day Keeps the Elder Full

안녕하세요! 

This week has been such a great week! The apostle that came this week was Elder L. Tom Perry! There is also word that there are more general authorities still lined up! People are lucky if they see 1 Apostle during their MTC or even entire mission but I have gotten to see 6! I still can't even fathom it! 

We were having a pretty stressful week this week with lessons going wrong (because I don't know the difference between 'to return' and 'to die' which is pretty important) and about 13 more verb forms on top of a really bad flu/cold going around. We were all pretty drained by Sunday

Luckily, Sunday was the most relaxing, fun day I've had in a while! It was so fun to be able to talk with my family and since my parents both learned Korean in the MTC they were able to give some much-needed advice. If you have never been in a room full of full-time missionaries who are talking to their mothers on mother's day you are definitely missing out. The spirit in the MTC was lifted and we were all re-energized and we all had smiles on our faces. That's what talking to your mom can do to you :) 

We also got to bundle up and walk to the temple (it was freezing). We took a lot of pictures and it was nice to get some fresh, cold air. The Korean sisters didn't have any warm coats or scarves so my companion and I lent ours out to them :) 

When we got back we had dinner before the devotional and I challenged a few Elders to an apple eating contest. I don't think I've ever laughed that much since I've been here and now I realize that it's OK to lighten up and relax and just have fun sometimes. "Men are that they might have joy." We have an Elder here that can eat an apple in 4-7 bites so let's just say, I lost. I'll try to get a video some time :) 

I also got to print off some sheet music and was able to practice the piano which, if you know me, always de-stresses me and calms me down. 

I'm still getting over a slight cold and I have a sister in my district who caught a really nasty cold so I kept her company yesterday and today and we're working on getting better!  

All in all, this week has been a tough week but I've learned that I'm not here to get stressed, discouraged or frustrated. I'm here to learn and to grow and bring happiness and light no matter the situation. 

I love you all! 
- Sister Holdaway 


No comments :

Post a Comment