Monday, December 1, 2014

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

Today it is December 1st and we had the first snow of the year!  It was kind of hard to focus on studies this morning because of the blizzard that was happening outside!  The ground is still a little too warm so the snow hasn't stuck but we're hoping to have some snow for Christmas! 

We listened to Christmas music (Michael Buble) as we exercised and we're starting to cut out paper snowflakes to decorate our house with! We're really ringing in the Christmas season :) 

On Thanksgiving, Sister Chestnut and I ate 김치찌게 (kimchi stew) which is our favorite and it was so delicious! I honestly forgot about Thanksgiving, it really isn't that much of a holiday without family. But it really did make me think of all the things I'm thankful for like: 

1. My family (even though far away) who supports me and loves me 
2. Being in Korea as a missionary!
3. Having a warm bed to sleep in. 
4. Having good food to eat. 
5. Having warm clothes.  
etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. 

In the places where I serve I have seen business men with briefcases and nice cars but I have also seen old grandmothers who don't have a place to live and who make a living collecting trash. It makes me feel extremely grateful for everything I have ever been blessed with. 

It's starting to get colder, I hope you all are staying warm! Even though Thanksgiving is already passed always keep the spirit of gratitude and Thanksgiving. I like to keep a gratitude journal where I simply just write the wonderful things that happened that day and the little things that made me happy - it never fails to lift my spirits :) 

Thank you all for your well wishes and support! I'm honestly so grateful for all of you.  
Love, 
Sister Holdaway 

p.s. I forgot my camera today!  Sorry no pictures! 

No comments :

Post a Comment