Monday, December 29, 2014

Ring in the New!

I'm sitting right now in Songpa (송파) home to the '88 Olympic Games and Lotte Central which will soon be home to the tallest building in Asia - 123 stories. 

Here's what it looks like now . . .





Anyway, I have to be short today because it's another busy p-day! 

Just an update on my Christmas -- 

It was wonderful! Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate here in Korea with your love and support. Christmas morning we made egg nog and I got to Skype my family which was wonderful. Then we put on Santa hats and walked the streets of Korea ringing jingle bells and singing carols. It's amazing how many people are not on the street on Christmas.....hmmm. 


And then, since we weren't able to watch "A Christmas Story" this year, we ate dinner at a Chinese restaurant and sang Deck the Halls :) 



...working backwards here. 

On Christmas eve we had a ward Christmas party. Our district worked tirelessly on putting on two numbers - Little Drummer Boy and Jingle Bells. I'm working on getting a video of our performance to my dad and he can post it on my blog :) It was so fun! The ward also got us a big box of fun treats: Ramen, Spam, and ChocoPies. I have such a great ward! 

On Tuesday was our big Mission-wide Christmas party - I got to see some old faces: 


​Three cheers for MTC buds and the smallest 동기 in the mission ^^ 

At the conference we got REAL TURKEY, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy and pumpkin pie!....you really can't get hardly any of those things here so it was a fun and satisfying meal :) 

This Christmas I just feel overwhelmingly grateful to all the blessings I have and for all of my family and friends. I hope as we all make our yearly resolutions (that never quite seem to make it the whole year) to remember gratitude and having a thankful heart. No matter where we are or what our situation is there are tender mercies all around us! 

I love you all! 



​Happy New Year! 

- Sister Holdaway 

No comments :

Post a Comment