Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Hello All! 

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s day! 

This week was Sister Partridge's last full week here in Seongnam so we have had no problem with want for food because we have a meal with members or investigators at least daily. Trying to squeeze in meeting with all the people you love after being somewhere for a year can be kind of difficult and saying goodbye is always hard . . . but I've literally had the best food I've ever had.

On Wednesday, we had our last district meeting as our district before transfers. Our district leader, Elder Thorup, is going Zone Leader in another zone. So now - every single one of my district leaders I've ever had are all Zone Leaders. That's right, I've met some pretty stellar people on my mission :)  

#awkward district selfie:


Elder Lim (임),  Elder Rogers, Elder Thorup, Sister Partridge, Me, and Elder Downing. 

This weekend was stake conference in Suji. So I got to go back to my greenie area and back to my greenie ward! Last time I was at this stake conference I was leaving Suji for Bupyeong. Because it was stake conference I didn't get to say goodbye to any of the Suji members. But this weekend I got to see all of them! And they remembered me! They were shocked to see me again and said I've changed a lot which is really good - I'm glad they get to see me not as a shy greenie. I also got to see 김혜실 who is a cute little grandma Sister Berry and I taught. She was baptized the week after I left. When I saw here she got a huge smile on her face and we hugged and cried. 

We also brought one of our new investigators to the Sunday meeting and she seemed to really enjoy it even though it was really long and she didn't understand all of it. All in all - great conference weekend~~ 

On Sunday morning we got Transfer Calls. I couldn't sleep the night before because I was worried sick, wondering who my new companion would be. But I remember back to a time when President Morrise told us that he knows that the Lord guides transfers. He bore his testimony on the fact that we go exactly where we need to go and we get who we need to get. 

So, I'm staying in 성남 Seongnam and I'm getting . . .*drumroll* . . .  Sister Moyer! 

Does that name sound familiar? 

I lived with her when she was being trained by Sister Wright! We already know each other really well. It will be so fun being her companion. I remember one morning when we were eating breakfast and she looked at me and said "you know what would be awesome?" and I answered "If we were companions????" "YES!" "It's gonna happen." 

We're companions! ~ 

In honor of Valentine’s Day I want to list some things I love: 

* I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK
* I LOVE THIS GOSPEL
* I LOVE YOU ALL
* I LOVE SERVICE 
* I LOVE HELPING OTHERS BE HAPPY 
* I LOVE KOREA!! 

Until next time, 
사랑해요

- Sister Holdaway 

EXTRAS . . .

This, my friends, is ribs wrapped in melted cheese. 

Smoked and grilled duck meat. SO DELICIOUS. 




No comments :

Post a Comment