Monday, June 15, 2015

Seongnam Ward Birthday Party



안녕하세요!
This week was majorly fun! I'll just list some highlights.

We went into 강남(you know . . . Gangnam . . . style) and we went to a real operating Buddhist temple with our investigator. There they give everyone a cheap meal and since Buddhists don't eat meat it was full of vegetarian kimchi and it was delicious!

She then showed us around. Meanwhile - I was praying in my heart for the opportunity to teach her a message but I didn't know how to go about it . . . seeing as we were in a Buddhist temple. But as we were walking behind the temple on a little foot path in the woods she turned to us and asked,
"Can you finish telling me about your Restoration?"

Prayer = answered.

We went on to explain about The Apostasy and how a young boy with lots of questions prayed in a grove of trees a lot like the place we were in. She seemed so fascinated with everything. We were able to bear our testimony that we know that truth has been restored on the earth and that Joseph Smith was truly called to be a prophet.  She was really impressed. At the end she said that she we were different - not like all the other youth our age. Here was a 50 year old woman talking with two 20 year olds about the purpose of life. It was such a wonderful experience and definitely an answer to our prayers.

On Sunday it was our ward’s "Birthday Party"!!  A lot of people showed up and I don't think I've ever seen the church that full. It was amazing!  I was the ward choir director and we all sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" in Sacrament Meeting. I really, really, really miss choir. In between conducting the choir I was translating for the American family in our ward. I'm getting better at it every week!
We had a big 식사 meal afterwards and the American family in our ward made cupcakes and it's been a good forever since I've had an American dessert. 

We were dropped by our most progressing investigator last week due to the stress of having to prepare for a test. We are both pretty bummed about it . . . but we won't let that stop us! We have a lot of new or potential investigators ready to learn and grow together.

In other news, I love Korea!!!!!
You all already know this though.


Until next week! <3 화이팅


- Sister Holdaway

No comments :

Post a Comment