Monday, June 1, 2015

Extraordinary Results Need Extraordinary Effort

안녕하세요!!!

This week has included 2 great things: Interviews and the Combined Mission Conference!

On Wednesday we had interviews with President Morrise. We only get 15 miutesn to spend with him so I always try to make those an awesome 15 minutes. I spend all week preparing for what I want to say and what I want to share. I think I said this about last interviews but it really makes me appreciate the fact to that we can talk to a loving Heavenly Father at any time, at any place, and about anything.
It was really good - though! We talked about Christ-like attributes and which ones I was working on right now . . . which is like . . . all of them? I will forever be on the endless journey of developing Christ-like attributes^^ 

On Thursday was the Mission Conference!

We saw Elder Maynes from the Quorum of the 70. We also heard Elder Ringwood speak - if you recall from last conference he talked about serving a mission in Korea.

It was so great and we have a lot of work to do! One thing Elder Maynes said that I really like was - if you want extraordinary results you need extraordinary faith, if you want extraordinary results you need extraordinary prayers, if you want extraordinary results you need extraordinary effort!

So Sister Sweetnam and I have been praying to find more prepared people who are ready to accept our message! We are trying to have extraordinary prayers!

In other news: I ran into THIS Elder:

 
#ArundelHighReunioninKorea
 
On Sunday, the stake Primary presidency came to our small ward here and the only primary student was an American girl. So I got to translate for her the whole time and I realized- translating for Primary talks are a LOT easier than translating for sacrament talks! I also realized that I have lost basically all my English. Sister Sweetnam points out to me all the time how I say weird things in English now or I forget all my English words.

Just the other day I was talking about pork and beef but I forgot the words for them in English so I just said pig meat and cow meat over and over again. Welp! It's a good think I don't need to know English as much as I need to know Korean!



​And also, I love all of you!

I hope you all have a wonderful week and enjoy this summer weather!

<3 <3

- Sister Holdaway

No comments :

Post a Comment